Royalties and Return
- Authors receive a huge 62% discount on all print-on-demand books.
- There's no minimum order.
- That means you'll receive the 62% discount rate even if you order just 1 copy of your book.
- Need to order a larger quantity? Take advantage of an offset print-run and save even more.
When you opt for a WinePress publishing package, you will receive a payment every time your print-on-demand book is sold - usually called a "royalty." With so many publishers offering so many different packages and making so many claims about royalties and discounts, WinePress is committed to providing clear, upfront information.
- WinePress' royalties are based on the book price at point of sale, minus publishing costs.
- You receive 100% of the net profit on all sales of your book.
- In a "like for like" comparison, WinePress' royalties are usually better in every scenario than most other Christian publishers.
- For each book sold, we retain a straightforward, consistent "Author Cost" based on your 62% discount.
- WinePress' retail prices are author-friendly, providing higher royalties after retail and trade discounts.
- Sell your book through WinePress at the same discount as Amazon.com, but receive a higher royalty.
- We don't charge a fulfillment fee on any wholesale orders.
- Keep track of your sales and royalties any time using our unique "Co-Captain" author services website.
This sample chart shows the exact dollar amounts you would receive for different types of sale of a print-on-demand book with a retail price of $17.99:
|Sold By||Retail Price||Author Cost||Retail/Trade Discount||Fulfillment Fee||Royalty|
|$17.99||($6.84)||- $9.89 (55%)||$0.00||$1.26|
|Bookstore (through WP)||$17.99||($6.84)||- $7.20 (40%)||$0.00||$3.96|
|WinePress (with standard 27% customer discount)||$17.99||($6.84)||- $4.86 (27%)||($1.95)||$4.35|
|WinePress (w/o standard 27% customer discount)||$17.99||($6.84)||$0.00||($1.95)||$9.20|
|Author Sale (speaking, etc.)||$17.99||($6.84)||$0.00||$0.00||$11.15|
If you need larger quantities of your book, or a lower retail price, you can make massive savings and earn more profit by taking advantage of WinePress' offset printing capabilities.
For each sale of your e-book, WinePress pays a flat-rate royalty based on the sale price. We use an easy-to-understand formula:
Sale Amount Received x 80% = Author Royalty
Yes, that's an 80% royalty—higher than almost any other e-book retailer. And because e-books don't have any associated printing costs, you will normally receive a much higher dollar figure per sale—even when you set the retail price at $9.99 or lower.